When it comes to the audio world, Sennheiser stands as one of the top brands today. Their selection of headphones has set a standard for resolution and detail retrieval. Their latest entry is within the realm of IEMs in the brand new IE 300. With these new audiophile centric earphones, Sennheiser aims to bring their high-standard sound quality to a portable, everyday system.
This earphone brings a unique blend of balance and body to the table for total immersion in the groove, all while highlighting the audiophile qualities of your component chain. We applied a host of acoustic principles to supercharge a refined edition of our 7mm XWB transducer so that your IE 300 packs a punch with every device you connect it to.
It features a new blend of materials in the diaphragm to improve its rest-and-response times for greater accuracy throughout the frequency spectrum. The XWB transducers reproduce sound that is completely unique to the Sennheiser audiophile legacy—in fact, they are developed and manufactured to exacting precision at our world-class facility in Germany.
Air Traffic Control
A key element of the IE 300’s balanced acoustic performance is the back volume—a miniature chamber-within-a-chamber that helps manage the flow of air behind the transducer. The direction and overall volume of air are controlled with precision as it travels through and exits the transducer system, delivering a discernibly defined bass- and mid-range experience. We further observed a natural increase in the ear canal’s resonant frequency when sealed by an ear tip adapter. The reduced air volume produced a masking effect that obscured critical details within the source signal. A frequency absorbing resonator chamber was applied to reveal those subtle nuances once again. This collection of technologies works together in perfect harmony, establishing the IE 300 as a go-to benchmark earphone when sound quality matters.
- Detailed sound with big-yet-balanced presence, in a compact in-ear fit
- 7mm XWB dynamic transducers with a new diaphragm material blend
- Unique back-volume manages airflow behind the transducer for low-distortion performance
- Frequency absorbing resonator chamber mitigates masking effects to unearth critical details
- Sealed, noise-isolating fit with 3 sizes each of silicone and memory foam adapters (S/M/L)
- Symmetrical, detachable para-aramid reinforced cable with gold-plated Delta Fidelity+ MMCX connectors
- Recessed cable sockets for improved strain relief and long-term durability
- Adjustable ear hooks for a secure, comfortable fit
- 6 Hz – 20,000 Hz frequency response
- Efficient 16 Ω impedance for use with a wide range of audio sources
- Impressive clarity at both SPL extremes with <0.08% THD
- Up to 124 dB SPL sensitivity (@1 kHz / 94 dB SPL)
- 1.2m cable with stereo 3.5mm jack plug
- Protective rigid travel zip case and cleaning tool included
The Sennheiser IE 300 will be available to purchase first in Japan, Singapore, and South Korea on January 19th, China on February 1st, and globally in March 2021. In the US you’ll be able to purchase them for $299.95.
Headphonedungeon may get a commission from retail offers.